Monday, October 4, 2010

Mews Muses over Sandwich Ideas

"Still a little sore from my long weekend of gardening, I thought I'd ease into the new week slowly before I do my shopping for the day.  I do say I'm back on the ham-for lunch-a ham and Gruyere panini on a fresh baguette with butter and Dijon.  Press it and heat it if you like-I prefer my cold.  Now that it's October, I'm on the look out for my favorite fall fruit-Comice pears. The perfect Comice pear has a nice red blush and presses in softly yet firmly near the stem.  Pardon me.  I'm getting hungry-now to call for the driver..." http://extension.oregonstate.edu/news/story.php?S_No=1003&storyType=garden

6 comments:

  1. Mr. Mews, that panini sounds simply divine -- I'm going to have to give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so easy there's no reason not too! Don't forget the butter, it real makes a difference.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that sandwich sounds wonderful - it made us hungry for one too!! But with it getting colder out, we think that it might be a choice of the warm version for us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too think it sounds good. It is a lovely idea to try.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mews, Mommy just ate and now she's hungry again...guess what for? Happy shopping!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mmmm, that sounds like a yummy sammich!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...