Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Meet Imelda Marcus McBain

"Well you have a lovely view," Imelda Marcus McBain said turning towards Mews.  "Very quaint.  It's a very quaint little place-much too small for my needs of course, but cute.  Dollhouse cute," she said taking a seat on the couch near Quigley.  She smiled and stroked her hair.  As she eyed Quigley it caused him to slowly shrink away.  "Your friend is cute Mews," she said her voice crackly and deep.  "Such a little thing!  But such wonderful colors.  Imagine the hat I could make from those downy feathers!"  Quigley gulped and hopped up out of his seat as Mews offered her a refill on her coffee.
 
"He is a handsome fellow," Mews said smiling at a frowning Quigley.  "Now, Imelda-I may call you Imelda?"

"Oh yes, of course Mr Mews," she said rearranging one of her necklaces.  

"If we might get down to business-we have some questions about your ex-husband, Regis McBain."  Imelda's face dropped and her expression immediately turned sour.

"If we must discuss such a wretched topic.  Some husband he was!  Left me high and dry without a dime to my name," she said as her neck jiggled.  She lowered her voice.  "I have to say if something bad has happened to him I'll be the first person to say he deserved it.  That cad, he stole my youth!"

4 comments:

  1. Quigs, stay away from this woman. We think she wants you for a hat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can tell by looking at that meanie that her youth was stolen long ago!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mews...be careful, man. There is bad cess afoot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Quigley: Be careful of her! Her intentions are not nice. And you are right Daisy!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...