Thursday, May 26, 2011

Case Closed

"I believe everyone is here Mews.  Jon Lenin, Regis McBain and Fern Butterfield are all sipping tea in the living room.  Are you ready to solve this case Mews?"  Mews nodded as he removed his reading glasses.

"Indeed I am Quigs.  Let's get this show on the road.  I have a stack of micro-mysteries awaiting me and it's high time we solve McBain's case."

"Micro-mysteries Mews?  I'm not sure I understand," Quigley said following Mews to the living room. 

"A series of short mysteries.  I'll explain later.  Right now our guests are waiting."  As Mews opened the door to the living room, Fern Butterfield stepped up, cleared her throat and addressed the room.

"I have something to say," Fern said looking around.  "I'm ashamed and embarrassed to admit that I'm the reason Regis McBain is being blackmailed."  At this Regis dropped his tea cup onto the floor.

"Fern,  You...you?  But I thought we had something special?"

"We do Regis," she said looking at Jon Lenin.  "And that's why I'm stepping up and admitting my part in this affair," Fern said. 

"Your part?"  Regis said.  He turned to Jon Lenin who shifted uncomfortably in his seat.  "You set her up to this Lenin didn't you?"  Regis got up into Jon Lenin's face and grabbed his jacket.

"Now, now, there will be none of this," Quigley said fluttering his wings rapidly as he positioned himself in between the two men.  Please take a sit, both of you."  Regis made one last push before he backed up and sat down holding his head in his hands.

"It's true," Jon Lenin said.  "I set Fern up to date you.  I took those pictures of you at the cabin and the spa with Fern.  She texted me information and directions as to your whereabouts.  It was all quite easy really.  And uncomplicated-that is until she fell in love with you and broke things off with me."

"And let me guess," Quigley said excitedly.  "That's when you attacked McBain-after Fern told you she was no longer loyal to you and your schemes.  So the attack had nothing to do with blackmail, and everything to do with love."  Jon Lenin glared at Quigley and began to collect his things.

"And where do you think you're going Mr Lenin?"  Mews asked as he reached for the phone.

"I think my business is done here," he said heading for the door.  "I'm going home."

"We'll see about that," Mews said.  As Jon Lenin opened the door he was greeted by two police officers and a pair of handcuffs.  Regis stood up and stepped towards Fern looking angry but at once concerned.  "You might want to get your phone number changed Mr Lenin because it looks like you might have a new home for awhile."

"But wait!" Regis said.  "What's gonna happen to Fern, Mews?" Regis asked.  "No one's gonna take my lady away from me!  I'm not pressing charges-if that's what it takes to keep Fern out of the clink!"

6 comments:

  1. Nice to have you back, Mews. Looking forward to the mini mysteries!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We were half right! We knew Fern was involved somehow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! me never would have guessed! This was worth the wait!
    Thanks Mr. Mews!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Mr. Mews! Wow what a conclusion! We found it very exciting! We hope you are doing well - we are behind as usual, but we are finally caught up a bit - we can't wait to see you back!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We is so sorry we not encourages you with Commints, Mr. Mews. We gets caughted up and we loves your stories. You are a very smart kittie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hehehe.creative post.. nice to read

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...